Monday, February 22, 2010

Your Dad is still learning.

Dear Baby,

It has been quite a week for me. I worked my butt of Valentine's Day weekend. I made a lot of money which is good and it is all going towards you. Your grandparents are turning the second floor of their house into a living space for us. Your granddad is doing the whole project himself. Your mom and I are helping out by putting money into the project whenever we can. I was so tired this week that I missed my classes last Tuesday. I was hurting so bad that I couldn't get out of bed. I have been lazy this week too. I had so much homework, but I kept putting it off. I have been so busy with work, school, an internship, your mom, and worrying about you lately that I just did not have the mental or physical energy to do my homework. I had a day to rest yesterday so now it is time to get focused again.
I have been trying to learn a browser based editing program and it is not easy for me. Your dad may be the smartest man in the world, but when it comes to computers, he is lost in the dark. Just remember when you get older, you need to help your dad with doing things on the computer. I can't imagine what kind of technology will be here when you are a teenager. Technology improves every year and by the time you're a teenager, we'll probably have holograms and we'll be able to control computers with our minds! Wouldn't that be something? Well, here is a quick video I made for you on a program called Pixorial. It's of your mom and me singing some karaoke at your granddad's 50th birthday party. I hope you like it. It is very simple because I was playing around with the program to learn how to do things. I hope you like it. It made me laugh.

It will all randomly work out,

DAD

4 comments:

Sir John of Harrington said...

That was very cute. Karaoke at its finest.

King of Hearts said...

What a week you had. i love the blog and how you included a theme that slaps us all in the face: being busy. we all hate it. as for the video, there is only so much bad singing i can take. That's probably why i sing in the shower where my radio is louder than a rock concert. congratulations on being a father.

DFlem said...

I think karaoke is the best way to pass time! I love that you put you and the baby's mom singing together. It was very precious.

ntl said...

Conception.. x-rated? Karaoke takes balls, man. I tried to sing Silverchair's "Tomorrow" a couple weekends ago but they played some Mary Poppins song that went "...the sun will come out, tomorrow, bet your bottom dollar..." so, it didn't quite work out, and I looked ridiculous. Big up -> you!