Thursday, February 11, 2010

Babies everywhere!

Dear Baby,

Ever since I found out that you would be joining our lives, I have noticed that babies are everywhere! There are books about them, magazines about them, and television shows about them. Who knew that babies are so popular? I guess I should have known because you are going to be the most popular person I know when you are born.
I was reading the newspaper at work the other day and came upon a story about a movie about babies. It is actually a documentary about the lives of four babies from birth to their first steps. It has no dialogue; it just follows the babies for about two years. The babies come from different corners of the Earth: from San Francisco, Tokyo, Namibia, and Mongolia. I don't know if I want to see it or not but I am pretty sure that your mother is going to drag me to see it. OK...I am lying. There is a little part of me that wants to see it. It's only because I know you are on your way. Do you see that? You are not even here yet and you are already affecting me! I'm just kidding, baby. Daddy loves you and that is why he is going to take your mom to see that movie. That is why he is going to read the books your mom got for him to read about being a daddy. That is why he is going to rub your mommy's feet and back when they are sore. That is why he is going to run out and get food for your mom when she has cravings even though after two bites she doesn't want to eat anymore because she feels sick. Do you know that the other day, your mom was watching a Google commercial and she started crying! Over a Google commercial. I'll explain to you what Google is one day. You see all the stuff you have me going through! And you are not even here yet! But I don't mind...that much. I love you and I love your mom. I wonder if this will ever get easier.

It will all randomly work out,

DAD

3 comments:

Sir John of Harrington said...

Yes, you can teach him how Google started out as a rival to Yahoo!, only expanding to ultimately controlling the world.

King of Hearts said...

THIS IS SOOOO CUTE!!! I really like this because a lot of people talk to their babies while in the womb and this is like taking it one step further and writing a letter like you're keeping it as a record. hi 5.

DFlem said...

I saw that preview for that movie when I went to see Dear John. I did not understand what that baby movie was supposed to be about, but I hope you like it when you see it.